Thank you for your interest in the DFINITY Developer Grant Program!
The goal of this program is to catalyze growth of the Internet Computer ecosystem and make the Internet Computer accessible and approachable to more developers around the world by providing support to promising developers and teams.
Current focus areas for the grant program include:
- Canister Development Kits (CDKs) & Agents
- Developer Tooling (e.g. IDEs, debuggers, logging libraries)
- Infrastructure (e.g. oracles, asset bridges)
- Integrations & APIs (e.g. chat, email, maps)
- Apps & Open Internet Services
We are currently offering three funding tiers, and ask you to craft your application and scope of work accordingly:
- $100,000 (NOTE: These are generally available as a follow-on to a smaller grant.)
Grants are distributed in ICP tokens using the USD value on the day of distribution.
Please review the Guide to Writing Effective Grant Milestones prior to filling out your application. We have a very high volume of submissions, and poor-quality applications can be immediately rejected, even if the project would have value. We do not offer coaching on how to improve an application outside of this guide.We do not offer coaching on how to improve an application outside of this guide.
The grants program is a non-dilutive form of financing your project. Please note however that this program is not meant to be a source of venture funding. If you are actively fundraising, consider applying to the Beacon Fund.
Before applying, please note that we typically do not accept applications that propose the use of grant money towards:
- ICO launches and conducting token sales
- NFT drops alone, without a novel technical component
- Direct rewards to end users
- Legal and marketing support
- Hiring developers
- Mockups or product roadmaps only
Following the submission of your application, you can expect the process to proceed as follows:
- For $5k grants, your work should be scoped according to a 2-3 month timeline.
- For $25k grants, your work should be scoped to be completed within a 3-6 month timeframe.
- $100k grants will be handled by the Grant Committee on a case-by-case basis. Applications will continue to be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis.
Finally, once you create a Submittable account and begin your application, you will need to complete a short, two-question Eligibility Quiz. You can also review some of the Eligibility Requirements for the Grant Program in the program Terms and Conditions.