ICP.Lab is an advanced, tailored, intensive program run by the Dfinity Foundation, dedicated to the most promising teams and individuals building on the Internet Computer Protocol.
ICP.Lab provides participants the incredible opportunity to be hosted at the Dfinity Foundation’s headquarters in Zürich, Switzerland - the largest blockchain R&D center in the region.
ICP.Lab offers selected teams and individuals:
- Direct access to the knowledge and expertise of the incredible people working at the Dfinity Foundation,
- On-site guidance and review of the project’s progress
- Tailored workshops, delivered by Dfinity’s engineers, researchers, cryptographers, developers, and managers.
- Networking opportunities and office workspace
Teams and individuals must first apply online here: https://dfinity.org/icp-lab
The ICP.Lab Committee, composed of experienced members of the Dfinity Foundation, runs the applications’ check-up and provide feedback to the applicants within 30 days.
Pre-selected teams are invited for a 45-minutes online interview. The applicants are asked to present the project to the ICP.Lab Committee, including a technical review, product-market fit, milestones & roadmap.
Selected participants are then invited for a follow-up call with the ICP.Lab Committee, to finalize the program’s details, the coaching sessions, the workshops, and the dates.
ICP.Lab activities are tailored to your needs - and cover the followings:
- Coaching & Workshops
Dfinity’s team members craft and deliver to you in-depth coaching sessions and workshops across different areas of expertise, such as R&D, Growth, Finance, Operations, and other fundamental aspects of the business.
- Networking & Office Space
All activities take place at the Dfinity Foundation’s headquarters, an incredibly modern building in the heart of Zürich, home to regular team events, and meetings with partners, investors, and community members, where you create life-changing connections.
- Exposure & Growth
You have the chance to present your project to all Dfinity team members at some of the most important internal meetings. We lead you out of your comfort zone, so to provide honest and brutal feedback that will steer your project into the next phase.
ICP.Lab welcomes teams and individuals currently building on the Internet Computer Protocol blockchain.
- Who can apply?
Teams and individuals currently building on the Internet Computer Protocol blockchain.
- Is there any fee associated with the program?
No, the program is designed to support IC projects taking the next big leap, and it is sponsored by Dfinity Foundation.
- What happens after the application is submitted?
The ICP.Lab Committee, composed of experienced members of the Dfinity Foundation, will evaluate your application and provide feedback within 30 days.
Thank you for your interest in the DFINITY Developer Grant Program!
The goal of this program is to catalyze growth of the Internet Computer ecosystem and make the Internet Computer accessible and approachable to more developers around the world by providing support to promising developers and teams.
Current focus areas for the grant program include:
- Canister Development Kits (CDKs) & Agents
- Developer Tooling (e.g. IDEs, debuggers, logging libraries)
- Infrastructure (e.g. oracles, asset bridges)
- Integrations & APIs (e.g. chat, email, maps)
- Apps & Open Internet Services
We are currently offering three funding tiers, and ask you to craft your application and scope of work accordingly:
- $100,000 (NOTE: These are generally available as a follow-on to a smaller grant.)
Grants are distributed in ICP tokens using the USD value on the day of distribution.
Special Grant for Women: Grants totaling up to $2 million for women developers and entrepreneurs.
If women developers and entrepreneurs lead your team, you can apply for
- $5k grant program
- $25k grant program
- $100k (NOTE: These are generally available as a follow-on to a smaller grant.)
And we’ll put you on a FastTrack process. One milestone review will be waived off during your grant journey to push forward your development phases.
> Open until March 31, 2023 <
- There should be women leading member in the founding team
- These members should present in the grant interviews and milestone reviews
- Ensure you add “Special Grant for Women" in the “Referral” field of the Grants application form.
The grants program is a non-dilutive form of financing your project. Please note however that this program is not meant to be a source of venture funding. If you are actively fundraising, consider applying to the Beacon Fund.
Before applying, please note that we typically do not accept applications that propose the use of grant money towards:
- ICO launches and conducting token sales
- NFT drops alone, without a novel technical component
- Direct rewards to end users
- Legal and marketing support
- Hiring developers
- Mockups or product roadmaps only
Following the submission of your application, you can expect the process to proceed as follows:
For $5k grants, your work should be scoped according to a 2-3 month timeline. For $25k grants, your work should be scoped to be completed within a 3-6 month timeframe. $100k grants will be handled by the Grant Committee on a case-by-case basis. Applications will continue to be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis.
Finally, once you create a Submittable account and begin your application, you will need to complete a short, two-question Eligibility Quiz. You can also review some of the Eligibility Requirements for the Grant Program in the program Terms and Conditions.